Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Dream to Dance - Creating a Routine

This isn't training per se.  And it is not Rally related.

But . . . I want to post about this here because it is a key step in Bandit's development as a performance dog.

Bandit and I are going to be taking a class called From Dream to Dance.  We actually took this last winter, but this year we will be diving into it completely to create our first full-length Freestyle routine!

The first step was to choose music.

When I choose music, I try to find music that my dog will truly enjoy moving to, and working to.

So, our first step was to move together to some different pieces of music.

I did take video . . .



In the end, I decided to go with the first piece - the waltz.  Bandit really seemed to enjoy moving to it.  It is light and fun and we can put together a routine that is simple and enjoyable to perform, and for others to watch.

I really liked this response to the last song, but will save that for when he has more experience and is ready to perform something more complex.

So, we will be building on this in the class.  I will share out progress.

There might be some training involved along the way because I might choose to incorporate some skills, like pivots, that we need to train before Bandit will be performance-ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home